Rainbow People

(This is the view from my balcony as I write my post today)


"For a seed to achieve it's greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shells crack, it's insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth,  it would look like complete destruction." - Cynthia Occelli

We are getting there, slowly but surely in this training. Loads of changes, loads of revelations. And it's just been a week. A week, I feel like I've been here for ages already, which is a lovely thing because I'm loving every minute of it and I don't really want time to fly! But it's a lot of information, there is so much going on that sometimes I feel like I'm in a dream and all these people I'm seeing around me are characters in my dream. We did this asana the other day and we decided to play with our hands and instead of facing the palms upwards, we turned them down and made puppet hands. I feel like that puppet at times, here in Bali. Like there's this flow and I'm flowing in whatever direction that stream takes me. And at times, I feel in complete control of where I'm going. The beauty of being all alone someplace (as sad and selfish as this sounds) is that you are the master of your life. In the last year, I've discovered, that I love travelling alone. It is amazingly liberating to do what you want. That is not to say, that I don't love travelling with people, that has it's own beauty and I feel like you come away with a lot more memories when you travel with people Vs. when you travel alone. But if I'm looking for rejuvenation and some healing / thinking time, I'd prefer to travel alone. The other day we had an evening session as well. So we all got back at 7, after our classes ended at 5:30, to meet Awa Hoshi and do what is crystal healing meditation. She is 65 years old and had these huge silicon crystal bowls (silicon quartz crucibles) and a stick (like the ones you use with drums) and she used that to make these sounds on the bowls, while we closed our eyes and went into a realm of our own. Crystal is used in everything around us and in all kinds of communication devices. When different crystals are used in the right combination, they can have positive and healing effects on the people who are within the range of their vibrations, it's like sound therapy.


(Awa Hoshi's session)

We were asked to close our eyes and think about something we really wanted, an intention, an affirmation that we wanted to send into the universe, so that the power of the crystals could communicate with the cosmos to make that happen for us. I thought about what that was for me and it came to me in a split second, as a structured well-formed sentence, and all i did was think about and say it slowly softly, held it close to my heart and then sent it out. Almost like releasing it, telling it to go find it's way to materialize and come back to me when it's ready to happen. She kept saying, Crystalize an intention and magnetize that reality. She spoke about the magnetic energy in everything on this earth. And that I found to be true, well it has scientifically been proven :) I feel like there's that magnetic energy between people and their dreams as well. She spoke about how it's present between two people who are falling in love and slowly getting to know each other, how often when they're walking together, they tend to bump into each other. A part of me, went like "come on, that happens if you walked with anyone", but then I thought about it, and i realised, that that's not true. I manage to never bump into people Im not that fond of when we are walking together. She told us, that the sound of crystals take us beyond sounds, to return us to our natural state as beings of harmony.



(Here is her card)


The most beautiful thought she left us with though was how the group, 30 of us, were the community of change, and called us the "rainbow people" who are destined to hold up the spiritual energy of the universe and share it with those around us. That in this Kalyug, the age of downfall and the final era in the spiritual evolution of man, it is us who guide people from darkness to light through the path of yoga and meditation. And that learning that art, that science and recognizing the harmony present in everything in this universe was what we were doing here in Bali at this teacher training. She also said that off late, in the last couple of years, the Sun's magnetic energy/ field is shifting (asked us to verify this with some info on NASA's website) and that THAT is the reason for the up and down in our emotions and our lives. I completely identify with the up and down of emotions in my life and loads of people in the room seemed to agree, but then we were all in our late twenties or early 30s and that IS usually the period of change in people's lives no? Sigh, there goes me being cynical again. :)

Though, this resonated with another thing that Octavio said of Bali and the time we were in, and his was more 'NOW'. He said, be careful about what you think in Bali, it usually tends to happen or manifest (good or bad!). Anyway, as rainbow people we are supposed to sing in the new era of creation. And that in this world, that had forgotten the saattvic way of life (pure, balanced, harmonious), we were to re-create the energy cycles and circles to bring that back. She mentioned how she felt drawn to our Shala and wanted to be among us and how now that she was here, she could feel the energy and the power in this space, container we had. Oliver, a friend of mine at the training, then added, that he could see a change in us in the last 5 days, and that we had this different radiance and glow to us, that it showed in our eyes. I remember noticing that in our last retreat with my Hom-friends in May last year in Bali.

In this sound healing, we chanted Aham Prema  : I am divine Love and then Awa hoshi began playing the crystal sounds and we all lay down on our mats with our eyes closed and sent out that intention into the universe. Load of people in the group, had loads of extreme reactions it seems. For me, i felt like I was floating, i lost sense of space and time, I didn't know where I was, I was just floating in the air, it felt light and free. But no major sensations and feelings came up. For those who did experience something, she said that those are all un-harmonious thoughts, feelings coming out of you : in the form of  some parts of your body jerking, if you find yourself crying.

It left me peaceful for sure. By the time we ended it was 10 PM and some people stayed back to talk to each other, or talk to Awa Hoshi, I just wanted to maintain that ball of peace and calm that was inside me now, and not talk, so I rolled up my mat and rushed to my guest house. It was a very good and interesting and positive experience for sure and I'm glad I had the chance to discover it. Towards the end of the meditation/healing before we sat up and opened our eyes, she said something, that I wanted to note down in my journal asap, but I was so happy being where I was, that I told myself to remember what she said and not let this moment slip. Unfortunately, like most revelations or experiences you have during mediation, this one did slip away and all I remember is the words she used to describe something  and they were Love, Creativity, Truth and Abundance. And at that moment, i remember thinking to myself, this is what I want from a marriage. If only, I could remember what she said! But think about it, if you love each other, if you are creative and allow each other the space to grow and let that creativity play out, if you are true to yourself and each other, and have an abundance of all that and other basic needs of money etc, what else do you need?

I have loads more to say, today is my day off and I am resting my very injured neck (more on that in the next post!). For now, I'm rushing to the doc and taking time to relax my body and mind and give it time to digest everything that it has been exposed to in the last 7 days.

I'll leave myself with this extremely powerful and wonderful thought, we (all yogis everywhere) are the coming of the rainbow people and the world is waiting for us, the capacity for love and harmony is immense and we will do our bit for this universe.

नमस्ते 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swara Yoga - II

Day 18 : It's Friday , Friday!

Green Tara ~ Om tāre tuttāre ture sohā