Day 10 : Hot Hom : Let it rain.



(My dinner for today and my favorite yogurt brand in Singapore: Marigold!)


Date : October 10th

Day : 10

I've had a very bad day today. And i think it partially stems from the fact that I didn't go for my morning yoga class. I am down with a very very bad cold and just couldn't get myself to get up with that heavy head of mine and runny nose to go for the class. And as I have cribbed before, the 8:30 AM train crowd suffocates you, especially if you are used to the sleepy, non-rush 6:30 AM ride everyday! Anyway, I made it office and wasted a lot of tissue paper sniffing and coughing and sneezing. At one point I almost packed my bags and went home, but then I had this assignment to do and it had to go out today, so I slogged it out. And I felt a little better after having a good non-salad but rice-sambhar meal at lunch. I had a tough day at work overall, people were being tough and the mind was not at it's productive best I guess. But a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do! I started feeling bad again towards the end of the day, and almost didn't go for yoga. Like literally i made up my mind not to go and walked out of the office building to go home and then suddenly changed my mind and started walking towards the studio. And I am SO glad I did. I think it was the only 60 mins of today that I really enjoyed and felt peaceful and calm in. Yes, my day was THAT crappy. Hom today by June was lovely lovely lovely and my body didn't disappoint me, it went as far as I wanted it to go and i made a conscious effort to rid my mind of all work related nonsense.


And then it started to pour in Singapore. Like literally POUR. We could hear thunder when we were in our savasanas at the end of the class. I decided not to shower, since I was going to get wet anyway. I had an umbrella, but the rain was just too harsh today and nothing could stop it from getting you wet. So walked in my chappals, thankfully regular ones and not anything nice and my yoga attire to the train station, completely soaked : 1) from the hot class and 2) from the rain.  I regretted both when I entered the train and the AC was on full blast (as usual in Singapore) and i froze to death. like literally. I think it has aggravated my cold, which has gone from bad to worse. 


Anyway. I was too tired to cook anything and I was really upset with my day overall, so I had some yogurt and muesli for dinner and now I am off to sleep after this post. 


Very blah post for today, but that's just how I am feeling. Almost on the verge of tears.


Thankfully tomorrow is Friday and I can NOT go to office and NOT deal with irritating situations (& people) on Saturday and Sunday.  And hopefully I can make it to my class tomorrow, I would hate to miss it and have another bad day! 


Namaste

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swara Yoga - II

Green Tara ~ Om tāre tuttāre ture sohā

Day 18 : It's Friday , Friday!